Pricing is the same as subscribing directly with Netflix, so the only reason you may want to use it is for:
- Consolidated billing - Main reason would be if you want consolidated billing, if you want your Netflix bills to be billed with your Singtel bills.
- You might also be using a Singtel UOB credit card so you will get 1% off your Singtel spend.
How to sign up for Netflix with Singtel
Step 1 - Visit Singtel-Netflix website
Sign up process is only facilitated using your Singtel Mobile, so go to https://netflix.singtel.com or https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/lifestyle-services/cast/netflix on your mobile.
Read the details shared there (such as FAQs and T&Cs). If it is easier to read, I have copied and pasted a bunch at the bottom of this page.
Click on "Verify now" when you're ready.
Step 2 - Click on "I accept"
You will be prompted with your hen you're ready, click "I Accept".
"Your mobile number XXXX XXXX is eligible for billing on behalf of Singtel for your Netflix subscription".
Step 3 - Review plans on Netflix
You will be taken to Netflix where you can review the Netflix plans being offered.
Click "See the plans" to proceed to the next step.
Step 4 - Choose the plan that's right for you
Choose the plan that's right for you. These will be charged in SGD Singaporean dollars.
Step 5 - Create your Netflix account
You can create your Netflix account here and enjoy one month free subscription for new subscribers with Netflix.
If you already have a Netflix account, you can click on the "Sign In" link in the top right. You will not receive new subscriber free one month benefit, though Netflix will remember your viewing preferences and profiles you have created before.
Step 6 - Start your membership
When you're ready, start your membership. It will inform you that your membership will appear in your Singtel bill.
Tick "I agree" when you're ready.
Step 7 - Welcome to Netflix!
You'll get a welcome to Netflix message informing you that you have started your membership.
You can also set a phone number in case you forgot your password and for import account messages.
Step 8 - Verify your preferences
You will then be prompted for Netflix configuration and verification steps, covering:
- if you are 21 years old for viewing preferences
- devices you prefer to watch on
- who will be watching Netflix (profiles you want to set up on Netflix)
- children friendly preferences, if you want to configure any accounts as children
- languages (languages you want to watch programmes and films in)
Step 9 - Start watching Netflix!
All set, start watching Netflix!
FAQ details from Singtel
1.What is Netflix?
Netflix is a streaming service that allows our customers to watch a wide variety of award-winning TV
shows, movies, documentaries and more on thousands of Internet-connected devices. With Netflix,
you can enjoy unlimited viewing of our content without having to watch a single commercial. There's
always something new to discover, and more TV shows and movies are added every month!
2. Is Netflix chargeable?
Netflix is a subscription-based video-on-demand streaming service with 3 price plans: Your plan will
determine how many people can stream Netflix content at once, and whether you can view in
Standard Definition (SD), High Definition (HD), or Ultra High Definition (UHD):
Basic Plan: 1 screen plan SD (watch on 1 screen at a time, Standard Definition): SGD10.98
Standard Plan: 2 screen plan HD (watch on 2 screens at the same time, High Definition when
Premium Plan: 4 screen plan HD/UHD 4K (watch on 4 screens at the same time, includes High
Definition and Ultra High Definition when available): SGD19.98
3. What can I use to stream content on Netflix?
You can watch content on Netflix instantly from any Internet-connected device that offers a Netflix
app, such as a computer, gaming console, DVD or Blu-ray player, HDTV, set-top box, home theater
system, phone or tablet.
4. How many devices can I use Netflix on at the same time?
The number of devices that may be allowed to instantly watch simultaneously will depend on your
Netflix subscription plan.
5. How fast does my Internet need to be to stream content on Netflix?
The minimum required connection speed is 0.5Mbps, but you may want a faster connection for
improved video quality. The recommended Internet download speed per stream for high-definition
quality content is 5.0Mbps.
6. Who can sign up for Netflix through Singtel bill?
Singtel Postpaid customers on residential plans can sign up for Netflix and bill their subscription to
their Singtel Postpaid bills.
7. How do I cancel my Netflix subscription?
To cancel your Netflix subscription, go to the Netflix app and click the Cancel Membership link.
8. If I cancel my Netflix subscription before it ends, will it be pro-rated?
No, subscription will not be pro-rated for any month that you have already started. However, you will
be able to enjoy your subscription until it expires. Once you cancel, you will not be billed for
subsequent months. Refunds or waivers will not be allowed after customer has accepted terms for
billing on behalf for Netflix.
Singtel billing-on-behalf FAQs
6. Who can sign up for Netflix subscription and have the subscription billed on a Singtel bill?
Singtel Postpaid customers on Residential plans can sign up for Netflix and bill their subscription to their Singtel Postpaid bills.
7. I have an existing Netflix subscription paid via credit card. Can I still subscribe to Netflix through Singtel billing-on-behalf?
Yes, you can still subscribe to Netflix through Singtel and have the subscription fee charged to your Singtel bill. However, you will first need to cancel your Netflix subscription paid through your credit card. As the subscription which has already been paid will cover an entire month, please check on the remaining duration of the subscription. Once the subscription lapse, you can subscribe to Netflix through Singtel at https://netflix.singtel.com/. Note that if you still have subsequent days left from your credit card billing cycle, you will not be able to complete the sign-up process with your existing Netflix account.
8. Does the Netflix promotion of free subscription for first month apply if I sign up for Netflix through Singtel?
Yes, you will be able to enjoy the free subscription for the first month if you are a new account creation to Netflix. This promotion is only applicable to first time subscribers to Netflix.
9. Where will the Netflix subscription be reflected on my Singtel bill?
The Netflix subscription will be reflected under the ‘Content & Services (Bill on Behalf Goods/ Services) section on your bill. It will state Basic, Standard or Premium plan with its corresponding charges according to your Netflix plan type.
10. Will I be subjected to an additional 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST) if I charge my Netflix subscription via Singtel bill?
There will be no additional 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST) charged and it is the same price as signing up directly with Netflix.
11. How do I cancel my Netflix subscription?
To cancel your Netflix subscription, go to the Netflix app and click the Cancel Membership link or visit https://www.netflix.com/CancelPlan
12. If I cancel my Netflix subscription before it ends, will it be pro-rated?
No, subscription will not be pro-rated for any month that you have already started. However, you will be able to enjoy your subscription until it expires. Once you cancel, you will not be billed for subsequent months. Refunds or waivers will not be allowed after customer has accepted terms for billing on behalf for Netflix.
13. I have signed up to Netflix through Singtel billing on behalf using my Singtel Postpaid Residential line. If I change my mobile number, will it affect my Netflix subscription?
No, changing your mobile number will not affect your Netflix subscription or billing arrangement. Netflix recognizes customers through the email address customers provided when they created a Netflix account.
14. If I terminate my Singtel Postpaid Mobile service, will my Netflix subscription end automatically? For Singtel Netflix billing on behalf arrangement, customers are billed in advance for a 30-day period. If your Postpaid Mobile service is terminated, you will still be entitled to Netflix services till the end of the 30-day cycle. After which, your Netflix subscription will be cancelled and you will not be billed for subsequent months.
15. How do I access Netflix on my Singtel TV set-top box? For Singtel TV customers’ set-top boxes that are connected to Singtel fibre broadband service, you can enjoy Netflix via Channel 404 or through your remote’s Quick Access button and logging in with your account credentials.
16. Will I incur mobile data charges when I stream content on Netflix with my device if I’m on my mobile network? Yes, mobile data used to stream content on Netflix while on mobile network will be counted towards your existing data allowance of your mobile plan.
Singapore Telecommunications Limited
Company registration number: 199201624D
31 Exeter Road, Comcentre Singapore 239732
Tel: +65 6838 3388 Fax: +65 6732 8428
What are the Netflix Terms & Conditions?
For Netflix Terms & Conditions, please visit
- Netflix FAQs_Singtel http://static.netflix.singtel.com/faq.html
- Netflix FAQ Singtel - https://www.singtel.com/content/dam/singtel/personal/products-services/lifestyle-services/apps/cast/tnc/Netflix%20FAQs_Singtel.pdf
- FAQs for Netflix May 2020 - https://www.singtel.com/content/dam/singtel/personal/products-services/lifestyle-services/apps/cast/tnc/FAQs_for_Netflix-May_2020.pdf
- Singtel Terms and Conditions - https://www.singtel.com/content/dam/singtel/personal/products-services/lifestyle-services/apps/cast/tnc/Netflix%20billing%20on%20behalf%20Terms%20and%20Conditions.pdf
- Singtel Postpaid Mobile terms and conditions apply https://www.singtel.com/mobile-terms-andconditions
- Singtel General Terms & Conditions apply http://info.singtel.com/terms-general