This is a brief guide on how to submit a CITREP+ claim.
I wrote this guide for self sponsored students who are applying for this CITREP+, who may be uncertain or unsure of how to kick off the process and submit your claim application.
For context, if you are not too sure what CITREP+ is, CITREP+ stands for the Critical Infocomm Technology Resource Programme Plus (CITREP+) which is a programme under IMDA's TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA) initiative to support the ICT workforce in keeping pace with technology shifts, through the continuous and proactive training of technical skills sets, in order to remain relevant and productive.
I am using the CITREP+ program for an AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate program that I did with one of their certified training providers. There are a few training providers out there that provide the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate program, so I choose one to help me with my training to better understand AWS Amazon Web Services and prepare for the exam.
The guide below assumes that you have:
- Completed an AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate training program
- Booked and successfully passed your AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate exam.
- Work with your training provider to ensure you have all the appropriate supporting documents to submit for your CITREP+ claim
This is the supporting documents required at the time of my CITREP+ claim. These may be changed by IMDA, so please do check the most active requirements from IMDA's CITREP+ page https://www.imda.gov.sg/imtalent/programmes/citrep-plus.
- Invoice and official receipt. This will be the receipt of Payment for Training program
- Proof of Attendance. Proof of attendance for synchronous learning (e.g. system log-in and logout records for all training sessions for each trainee). You training provider should be sharing with you attendance sheets for all courses attended.
- Signed Letter of Offer with Training program
- Certificates of Participation for the courses attended
- Training will send you a Certificate of Participation after each course completed. This will be for confirming the completion progress for all mandatory online modules for asynchronous learning (e.g. screenshot of completion progress for all mandatory online modules for each trainee).
- Proof of Certification documentation.
- This is your examination result score report and final certificate for each trainee (for certifiable programme).
- You will need to download your Exam Result Slip and the Final Certificate. For students doing the AWS exams, you can find this in the AWS Training and Certification Portal at www.aws.training. How to Download Exam Certificate > Go to the AWS Training & Certification Portal > Click 'Certification' in the navigation > Click 'View My Certifications' to Click view and download your exam history.
- SkillsFuture Credit Claim Applications transaction history.
- Log into your SkillsFuture account at www.myskillsfuture.sg and find the transactions page or similar.
- Take a screenshot, print or "print as pdf" a copy of SkillsFuture Credit ‘Claim Applications’ transaction history.
- Direct Credit Authorisation (DCA) Form.
- You will need to submit the Direct Credit Authorisation (DCA) form as part of the claim supporting documents. This is to confirm your bank account that will be credited with your reimbursement.
- IMDA will notify you on the approval status within 3-6 weeks upon complete submission of all the required supporting documents.You will receive the payment via GIRO for the approved claim within 3 weeks from the approval notification.
- Additionally to support this step, you can also take a screenshot of your bank account details with your account numbe.
Your Trainee's information will be verified via MyInfo so you likely do not need to upload your NRIC/ ID.
How to submit your CITREP+ claim
- Login ICMS via https://eservice.imda.gov.sg/icms
- Click on Claim Application > Click on "New Application"
- Check your claim form details
- Upload claim supporting documents
- Review the enrolment details and complete the claim application form
- Click on Submit for Approval
1. Log into ICMS
Log on to https://eservice.imda.gov.sg/icms with your SingPass.
2. Submit New Claim Application
Home > Claim Application > Under New Claim Application Details > New Application.
Click on the "New Application" button.
3. Select your appropriate program.
In my case, I selected the "CITREP+: SF (1 April 2019 - 31 March 2021)" from the dropdown menu presented. Choose your appropriate program.
Programme Name * : CITREP+: SF (1 April 2019 - 31 March 2021)
Select Course Provider from the dropdown menu*
Select Course/Certification Title from the dropdown menu
* You may need to give the ICMS system a few minutes or so to load course provider details.
4. Check the claim form details
- Trainee information
- Course/ certification information based on trainee enrolment
- Course/ certification information for claim application
- Application attachments (supporting documents that you upload)
- Declaration (declaring that you are happy with the details)
5. Upload your Supporting documents for CITREP+
It is mandatory for Applicant to upload the supporting documents as soft copies during online submission in ICMS.
Follow the Checklist for Claim Supporting documents
- Please ensure all the required supporting documents are provided to IMDA for the application to be processed.
- Each file size upload is limit to 5MB or less. For files exceeding 5MB, please zip up the files or send the documents directly to IMDA or via email ([email protected]).
- Max 15 Attachment Files.
- Attachment must be in JPG/PDF/ZIP/PNG/BMP/TIF/DOC/XLSX/XLSM format.
Documents in Attached Files:
Not all these supporting documents listed here will apply to you, so checklist this according to your situation.
- a. Copy of trainee's NRIC, for courses starting on or before 30 Sep 2019 (For courses starting from 1 Oct 2019, trainee's information will be verified via MyInfo)
- b. Direct Credit Authorisation (DCA) Form
- c. Invoice and official receipt
- d. Daily attendance sheet signed by the trainee (for classroom/hybrid training)
- e. Proof of attendance for synchronous learning (e.g. system log-in and logout records for all training sessions for each trainee)
- f. Completion progress for all mandatory online modules for asynchronous learning (e.g. screenshot of completion progress for all mandatory online modules for each trainee)
- g. Course Provider's document certifying at least 75% of the training attendance completed by the trainee (for classroom training)
- h. Assessment result slip/certificate for each trainee (for non-certifiable programme)
- i. Examination result score report and final certificate for each trainee (for certifiable programme)
- j. SkillsFuture Credit Claim Applications transaction history
- k. Proof of Matriculation
- l. Recommendation by the PSEI (refer to Form 1)
- m. Documentation Proof of Enlistment and Operationally Ready Date (ORD)
- n. Copy of trainee's SAF 11B card
- o. Applicants below eighteen (18) years old as of 1 Jan of the current year need to seek parent/guardian's consent. Refer to Form 1A.
- p. Declaration of SME Status for Funding Support Form (refer to Form 2)
- q. PSEA Statement
For documents that are not uploaded successfully, you may email to CITREP@IMDA.GOV.SG or submit by mail to IMDA at the following address: